Changing the settings on the Delonghi Dedica coffee maker is very simple, although it is a little complex as it does not have a screen where we can see what we are doing. You can change these settings on the Dedica:
- Water temperature
- Water hardness
- Auto shutoff time
- Reset to factory defaults
- Change the volume of the cups that serve
Adjustment of the automatic shutoff, water temperature, and water hardness
Although these are not important settings in the short term, they will be important in the long term, so leaving them well configured from the beginning is interesting.
- With the Delonghi Dedica coffee maker turned on, press the steam button for 10 seconds until the lights start flashing. Each button accesses a different function (espresso button = water temperature / lungo button = water hardness / steam button = stand by time).
- After 10 seconds, the lights will stop flashing, and the machine will have exited the settings menu. So you must enter one of the options before the machine exits this status. To do this, press once on the desired button.
- Once you have pressed on one of the three options, you enter a submenu where each button now has a different meaning. For example, in the water temperature menu, by pressing the espresso button, you select “low,” with the lungo button, you select “medium,” and with the steam button, you select “high.”
How to reset the Delonghi Dedica to factory settings
Sometimes, our Delonghi Dedica will behave strangely for no apparent reason. Sometimes the machine will misconfigure itself, and other times, it will do so because of a third party. In these cases, bringing our coffee maker to factory defaults becomes necessary.
- We press the steam button for about 10 seconds until all the lights start flashing alternately.
- Move the frothing rod towards the drip tray.
- Open the water outlet of the steam wand (the machine will squirt water).
- Press the small cup once
- Now all the lights will blink ten times to tell us that we have set the machine to factory settings.
How to change the volumes of coffee served by the Dedica
If the coffee that your Delonghi Dedica coffee maker brews are too weak for your taste, you can set it to fill your cup with more coffee.
- Switch on the machine
- Add the coffee to the basket
- Place the filter holder in the machine
- Press and hold the button you want to set until you reach the desired amount of coffee in the cup. At the same time, the coffee is pouring, the other button flashes to indicate that we are programming, and once we release the button, it will flash several times to indicate that the new value has been recorded.
Video on how to configure the Delonghi Dedica
Related: Aeroccino troubleshooting