A well-designed coffee subscription is not just about getting a bag of coffee beans delivered to your door every month; it goes beyond that. A good coffee subscription should offer you the perfect combination of quality, variety, convenience, and commitment to enjoying an exceptional beverage.
This article will show you how to choose the best coffee subscription. You will learn to analyze its features, options, and advantages to choose the one that best suits your needs.
The main objective of a coffee subscription
✔️ The main objective of a coffee subscription is to guarantee the subscriber that he will receive coffee beans at their optimum roasting point.
The quality of the roast plays an important role in the final flavor and aroma of the cup. For example, when preparing espresso coffee, it is fundamental to use beans between the second and fourth week after roasting.
This allows the coffee to reach its maximum freshness and unfold its full flavor at the moment of preparation.
Advantages of getting a coffee subscription
Many advantages will make you opt for a coffee subscription instead of buying the packages individually, but it is important to identify them correctly and not get carried away by easy slogans or false advantages.
- You acquire the product at the lowest possible cost: With a recurring purchase, the price you get access to is much lower than if you buy 1 unit.
- Access to personalized products and services: You can choose the coffee fertilizer you want and how you want it from various coffee types.
- Availability of the product: Subscribing to a quality coffee means paying a recurring sum in exchange for receiving the product without failure on the date you have agreed upon.
What defines a good coffee subscription?
- Quality coffee: Subscribers expect fresh, optimally roasted coffee beans from reliable sources. The product selection should be diverse, offering options for all tastes. In addition, it should provide detailed information on the origin and characteristics of each coffee, such as the roasting date.
- Packaging: The packaging of the product that we obtain should have a good seal; the recommended one is with a unidirectional valve. This should also protect the beans from sunlight and humidity.
- Convenience: The platform to which you subscribe should be easy to use, allowing you to customize the product according to your preferences, whether it be the amount of coffee, the frequency of delivery, or the possibility of choosing between different flavor profiles.
- Establish engagement: A good coffee subscription should provide a unique experience, educational information, and brewing tips. This allows subscribers to not only enjoy an exceptional cup of coffee but also to expand their knowledge.
How to choose the right coffee subscription and not make a mistake?
Choosing the right coffee subscription can make all the difference in your daily experience with this delicious beverage. With so many options available, it is important to consider several factors before making an informed decision.
First, you should consider the method you use to brew your coffee. Whether you prefer an espresso machine, a French press, a drip coffee maker, or any other method, ensure your coffee subscription is compatible with your brewing method.
The type of coffee and roast level are also important factors to consider; it is believed that medium roast best brings out the natural characteristics of the coffee without burning the subtle flavors. However, this also depends on your preferences, so you can experiment with different roasts to find the one you like best.
Another aspect to consider is the frequency with which you consume coffee. When choosing a subscription, ensure the supplier can deliver the product quickly after roasting. This will ensure that the coffee reaches your hands as fresh as possible, which is essential to enjoy its flavor and aroma in any of its presentations.
Carefully evaluate the costs and benefits of each subscription to ensure you get value for money.
How much you spend on coffee pods vs. a coffee subscription
When it comes to enjoying a delicious cup of coffee, there are two popular options: coffee pods and specialty coffee. Both options have advantages and disadvantages, and it is important to consider the expense associated with each.
Coffee pods have become very popular in recent years due to their convenience and the variety of flavors available. However, they can be more expensive in the long run than specialty coffee, without considering how polluting they can be.
➡️ A coffee pod costs, on average, $0.50, so drinking two coffees a day means a monthly spending of $30. The coffee subscription you choose should never cost more than $30 per month for a half-kilo package (2 cups per day); An average price is usually about $22, including shipping and handling.
When considering spending on coffee pods versus specialty coffee, it is important to remember the big picture. While coffee pods may seem more affordable in the short term, specialty coffee offers superior quality and a more rewarding experience for true coffee lovers.
Specialty coffee offers a more authentic and unique experience.
Prepare your checklist for choosing the best coffee subscription
As a summary of the above, I recommend you always keep this checklist in mind when considering joining a coffee subscription. This way, you will never join the wrong one:
- Are you informed of the roasting date?
- Does the coffee come in adequate packaging?
- Does the delivery frequency meet your needs?
- Can you choose from a wide variety of coffee?
- Do you save money with respect to the purchase of individual coffee?