Disassembling your Dolce Gusto coffee maker, as we have indicated in previous articles, is one of the first steps for solving many of the problems and breakdowns that arise with these coffee makers. However, until now, we have never told you how to do it.
How to disassemble the outer casing of a Dolce Gusto coffee maker
The best thing about Dolce Gusto coffee makers is the ease of disassembly. Although all Dolce Gusto models are very different, they all use the same types of screws and connection clips.
To disassemble the outer casings of a Dolce Gusto coffee machine, follow the steps below:
- We will start by disassembling the coffee maker’s moving parts, such as the capsule holder, drip tray, and water tank (1).
- Next, we will use a Torx-10 safety screwdriver (2) to remove all the screws at the back of the coffee maker. There will be from 4 to 8 screws depending on the model.
- Now look for the locking tabs on the bottom of the coffee maker and gently release them (3). Be careful not to break them.
- Finally, by turning slightly from bottom to top (4), lift the housing of the brewer, as shown in the following image.
In this case, we take the Dolce Gusto Mini Me model as an example, but even if your coffee maker differs a little from this model, keep in mind that all models of this brand follow the same pattern described above.
How to disassemble the head of a Dolce Gusto coffee maker
Disassembling the head of the Dolce Gusto coffee machine is relatively simple. To carry out this process, I have created a list with the steps to follow, and I have added an image that will facilitate the task:
- Disconnect the plastic pipes connecting the head to the pump and the thermoblock (1).
- Disconnect all wires connecting the head to the thermoblock (2).
- Insert a flat screwdriver into the holes marked with an “X” to release a plastic tab. There is a tab on each side of the brewer. Be careful not to break them.
- At the same time, insert a plastic tool between the head housing and the machine chassis.
- Repeat the process on the other side of the brewer.
- Pull the head forward with small lateral movements until it is completely removed.
Related: Dolce Gusto leakage issues.
Note: Never disassemble the coffee maker before turning it off and unplugging it from the power supply.
As I have already said, although the Dolce Gusto models differ greatly, the disassembly is similar. You must use the safety Torx screwdriver and not force with any other tool.
When disconnecting the plastic fins, please do not use too much force, or they will break. Try to make gentle movements until they come loose.
When you want to separate the housing from the chassis, use an old credit card or a plastic tool that does not scratch the outside of the brewer.
Other articles that may interest you: