The reasons why your Cuisinart coffee maker stops brewing coffee can be several, and in this article, we will try to show you some techniques to solve this problem.
We will see from the most obvious and easy, such as lack of water in the tank, to the most complicated, such as replacing a blown thermal fuse.
3 easy-to-fix reasons why the Cuisinart coffee maker does not serve coffee
Sometimes we believe that our Cuisinart coffee maker does not prepare coffee due to an internal failure of the coffee maker however, the problem can be much easier to detect and fix:
- Ensure the coffee maker is connected to a good power supply because if the voltage is unstable, the coffee maker will not serve coffee. To verify this, you can connect another appliance to that socket and check if it works.
- Verify that there is enough water in the reservoir for the preparation you wish to make; if the water level is too low, the coffee maker will not serve coffee.
- Open the filter basket door to ensure it is in the right place and completely clean; this will prevent it from clogging.
Now select the “Brew” or “Start” function so that, after a few minutes, the coffee maker will start brewing coffee.
The Cuisinart coffee maker does not work due to a blown thermal fuse
If you have followed the previous steps one by one and the coffee maker still does not brew coffee, it is necessary to rule out the possibility that there is a blown thermal fuse inside. You should check the thermoblock protection fuses, so you must disassemble the coffee maker.
In the following image, you will be able to see the particular case in which the Cuisinart coffee maker does not prepare coffee due to a blown thermal fuse:
Check continuity once you have disassembled the lower part of the coffee maker, and the heating element, thermostat, and fuses are visible. If either fuse is blown, replace them with the same ones.
Cuisinart coffee maker does not work due to limescale build-up
Another case that can occur is when there is a failure in the water pump. The most common failure is due to the accumulation of limescale inside the pump, which causes its internal parts to clog, and the coffee maker cannot serve coffee.
In this other video, you can see how to solve this problem by disassembling and cleaning the water pump:
Note: You can buy a new pump and replace it instead of disassembling this peculiar component. And of course, do not forget to clean and descale your Cuisinart coffee maker.
My Cuisinart coffee maker won’t turn on
When a Cuisinart coffee maker stops working, it can be due to several reasons, but it has an easy solution in most cases. Try the following guidelines that could bring your coffee maker back to life before having to call for service:
- First, verify that the power cord is not damaged or defective and is properly connected to the power supply. For safety reasons, we recommend that if the cable is damaged, do not use the coffee maker until it is repaired.
- Second, locate the power button on the front of the coffee maker and press it; the red light should indicate that the machine is working.
- Third, turn the function knob to “brew” mode, but keep in mind that if the knob is set to “Auto-On,” coffee will only be brewed at the programmed time.
Check the continuity of the electric circuit
Suppose your coffee maker does not turn on after following the above instructions. In that case, it will be necessary to disassemble the machine and check if the electrical circuit has been opened.
You have to make a first visual inspection for obvious damage. After this, you should check with a multimeter each point through which the electricity circulates until it reaches the control board.
Check the integrity of the control board
If the current and voltage are correct at the input of the control board, the problem is in the control board itself. The capacitors are the weakest component of the control board of Cuisinart coffee makers, so you should check their capacitance.
Article of interest: How to check capacitance (written by Fluke)
If the capacitors or any other control board component are not in good condition or are damaged, the coffee maker will not turn on. To fix this problem, replacing the entire board rather than replacing individual components is advisable.